Thursday 21 February 2013

BBBBRRRRRRRRR...

Nippy... Chilly... Baltic... Just a few of the ways to say 'blooming heck it's freezing', and the cold weather certainly made it's way into the writings and ramblings of the frosty fingered folk of Exeter today. Despite the chill, we still managed to have oodles of fun, and alongside our ever lengthening Tall Tale, where penguins and polar bears called Charlie made an appearance, POETRY was the order of the day. We challenged passers by to add two lines, one to complete an unfinished rhyming couplet, and one to inspire another budding poet-who-may-not-yet-know-it.
We also delivered countless compliments to strangers, including one beautiful note written in Spanish which we finally managed to deliver to another spanish speaker just as we shut up shop.

Here are two of the poems, both barmy and beautiful.

AN ODE TO EXETER
 
It's a chilly day
I wish it was May
My feet are cold
I'm feeling old.
But I'm not blue
In comparison to you,
Whose glum expression
Reflects the depression
That you may say
Is gone in a day.
Today may be chilly
But don't be silly!
 
UNTITLED
 
I love to dance
And to prance
To jump along the stage
We hope that by doing it we'll get a living wage.
We wish it was a little warmer,
So make it like a sauna.
I really want a pet chicken,
Taste so licken,
And I want a Costa
My son's name is Oscar
And he's very cool
When he jumps in a pool
And sees mutant chickens
Takes a look, "What the Dickens!"
Where they've come from I just can't think
I know, I'll sit and just have a drink.
The weather is brisk, and that is just fine
But this foul coffee tastes just like brine.
Awkward, I feel, feet on the cobbls
It's hard to walk when you're full of wobbles.
In a house full of bats
Wearing tall hats,
All in the dark
I kept missing my mark.
Coffee with a cat
With a french plait,
Clarkes and barks
and suddenly, PARPS.
 
 
And to finish, heres the man himself, the man who brought Belinda into the world, adding a word to the one word story. I believe it was 'Rastabouts'....
 
See you tomorrow folks (and if you are planning to come and find us, three teas would be lovely. Becky takes one sugar).


No comments:

Post a Comment